Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

AVCV - The Visual Sound Byte Resume

While I am too chicken to stage on open house on 'me', afraid that nobody would come, I have been having conversations with my fellow unemployeds about strategies and tactics to get that initial "in" for a job, or with a company.

My friend Joe suggested an infographic resume.  I've seen one done - looks pretty cool, but also makes me think of the graphical representations of the earth's geological periods.  I did just have a Big Birthday, but I'm not that ancient...

   Geological history
Geological History
http://jefferson.kctcs.libguides.com/
c.php?g=204713&p=1351025
Infographic resume
Infographic Resume
http://svish.com/vis-res/



I decided instead to try an audio-visual resume, or what I have termed the AVCV - a slight variation on my thoughts regarding the dancing resume.

Here it is:



The Railroad Company   2000-2015

Office Engineer
Calgary, AB   2005-2015


Field Operations
Calgary, AB   2005
Golden, BC   2003-2004
Cranbrook, BC   2002-2003
Various Cities, Towns, Hamlets, Prairies, Railcars and Bunkhouses, CAN and USA   2000-2002




Note:  I chose the somewhat "rough" version of the audio for 'Field Operations' since the corresponding video depicts a good portion of the equipment and operations I worked with in the field.

1 comment:

  1. That info graphic resume is probably the nicest thing I've ever seen on paper.

    ReplyDelete